The Best Sweet Potatoes and Leek Custard with Goat Cheese Recipe
Maria, who has been busy seeking new talent to add to the Changes Team took a break to share one of her favorite Fall Recipes. If you are a fan of sweet potatoes, definitely add this delicious dish to your next dinner with friends or family.. we are sure it will be a hit! Bonus points for being absolutely Instagram-worthy.
Give it a try and tag @ChangesWC so we can see your finished Sweet Potato Custard!
Sweet Potato and Leek Custard w Goat Cheese
- Canola oil as needed
- 2 Tbs Olive oil
- 4 Medium Leeks, white and light green portions, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into half-moons
- 1/2 Cup Sherry
- 2 1/2 Cup Heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Drops Your favorite hot sauce
- 2 Tsp Ground coriander
- 3 Cups Roasted and pureed sweet potatoes
- 4 Oz Pecorino romano cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 Tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 Tsp Freshly ground pepper
- 4 Eggs
- Apple-onion jam or caramelized shallots for garnish
- Goat cheese for garnish
- Preheat an oven to 325°F (165°C). Brush 8 individual ramekins or a 3-quart (3-l) baking dish with canola oil.
- In a fry pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Cook the leeks, stirring, until translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the sherry, scraping up the browned bits; simmer until evaporated.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the cream, garlic, hot sauce and coriander to a simmer. Off the heat, let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine the cream mixture, sweet potato puree, the 4 oz. (125 g) cheese, salt and pepper and pulse to combine. Add the eggs one at a time and pulse to combine. Add the leeks and pulse to combine.
- Spoon the sweet potato mixture into the prepared ramekins or baking dish. Bake until the potatoes are browned on top and barely jiggle in the center, 20 to 25 minutes for the ramekins and 40 to 50 minutes for the baking dish. Top each portion with scoop of goat cheese and apple-onion jam.