Most people find it hard to take time for themselves, with work, kids, and family on the frontline. For others, self-care is more of a luxury and equates to selfishness and self-indulgence, which it is not.
On the contrary, a self-care routine allows you to deliberately or intentionally take care of yourself to remain healthy in all respects. It entails checking your hygiene, nutrition, emotional health, mental wellness, and getting medical care when needed. As simple as it sounds, few people dedicate time to self-care, yet it is crucial.
Why is Self-Care Important?
It is easy to shelve self-care in a world where you must work long hours and be productive. However, by taking time to do the things that promote your mental, physical and emotional well-being, you can relive the daily pressures.
Besides, you quickly reset yourself and get back to a healthy point where you can maximize your productivity and service to family and community.
Creating a Self-Care Routine
Despite having a busy routine, you can spare some time for self-care activities. They neither have to be expensive nor do they need to be an everyday thing. However, they should be activities that rejuvenate the inner you and bring out the best in you.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Nail, hand, and foot treatments: Having a manicure or pedicure in a relaxing environment every 4-6 weeks will leave you feeling good about yourself.
- Body massage: A professionally done spa body therapy will help relax your mind, rejuvenate your soul, and refresh your body. You can schedule to have this done every 3-8 weeks.
- Hair and skin makeup: Every 4-6 weeks, spare some time for facials or peel treatments for glowing skin. It is also the time to have your hair pampered and probably acquire a new hairstyle.
It’s not possible to overemphasize the need for a self-care routine, and you must take action to engage in things that make you feel alive. To get you started, contact us to book consistent self-care routines at Changes’ award-winning spa, in the meantime check out our blog here, for how to sneak in more self-care moments at home.
- Fall Into a New Self-Care Routine - October 6, 2021
- A Look Back at Changes in the Community - July 31, 2021
- What Your Esthetician Wants You to Know Before Your Brazilian Wax - April 10, 2021