Are You Brazilian Wax Ready?
5 Tips To Prepare for your first Brazilian Wax Appointment
Sunny summer days are just around the corner, and that means wax season is upon us! Our award winning estheticians share their top tips for making your first time getting waxed “down there” a little easier.Book a Brazilian bikini wax
1. HELP MINIMIZE PAIN BEFORE A BRAZILIAN WAX
Taking Advil or Ibuprofen before any wax service can help minimize the pain. The Changes Estheticians recommend taking a half hour before your appointment for best results. Taking a painkiller prior to your appointment may reduce any mild swelling that might come about from the waxing.
2. “IS MY HAIR LONG ENOUGH FOR A BRAZILIAN WAX”
When your wax appointment arrives your hair needs to be a minimum of ¼ inch (around the size of a grain of rice) to ensure the hair is removed from the root. Our estheticians recommend not shaving or trimming the hair 4 weeks before coming in for your waxing appointment to yield the best results.
YOU NEED TO HEAR THIS: If you think your hair is to long don’t trim it! More often than not clients will trim it too short and then the hair isn’t long enough for the wax to grab.
3. WHEN NOT TO SCHEDULE YOUR BIKINI WAX
Avoid scheduling your appointment around, during, or immediately after your menstrual cycle as your body will be especially sensitive to pain at this time.
4. THE 24 HOUR RULE
- Don’t work out after you get waxed. You should be avoiding any physical activity for 24 hours after you get waxed
- The same goes for going swimming in a pool or a jacuzzi. Your pores are open for 24 hours after getting waxed
- Don’t have sex for 24 hours after your wax, your pores are open
- Avoid tight fitting underwear or pants afterwards as to prevent chafing against your skin.
5. DON’T BE TEMPTED
Do not shave in between waxing appointments as this will throw the hair growth cycle off and will impact your waxing results.
We hope that these tips will help your Brazilian wax be a little less painful! Looking for an esthetician in Contra Costa County who is comfortable with clients who are booking their first bikini wax? Reserve an appointment at Changes Salon and Day Spa who has been known for our award winning services in Downtown Walnut Creek for over 35 years!
- Fall Into a New Self-Care Routine - October 6, 2021
- A Look Back at Changes in the Community - July 31, 2021
- What Your Esthetician Wants You to Know Before Your Brazilian Wax - April 10, 2021