Bonnie Waters for The Orinda News 

The hot topic every New Year’s Day is no doubt “resolutions” and to no one’s surprise,  following  the  holidays,  weight loss tops most people’s list.

There  is  an  ongoing  debate  in  many circles  as  to  whether  counting  carbs  or calories is more effective; however, recent trends show that neither is necessarily more effective let alone sustainable.As unbelievable as it may seem, there is a healthier approach that involves a lifestyle change many of us can easily live with. We have all heard of the 80/20 rule where 80 percent of the results are created by 20 percent of the actions.  When it comes to successful weight loss, it is just the reverse.  Fast, rapid weight loss can occur by enjoying a diet comprised of  a minimum of 80 percent of healthy vegetables either lightly steamed or preferably raw.   Lean fish, meats, whole grains, and minimal unrefined oil, raw nuts and seeds will comprise the remaining 20 percent.The energy and health benefits of this type of diet are scientifically documented.In 1992,  Bruce Tainio of Tainio Technology built the first frequency monitor in the world. Tainio has determined that the average frequency of the human body is 62-72 Megahertz (MHz). We live in a world that is polluted with toxins and poisons, all of which contribute to lowering the frequency of the human body? When the frequency drops, energy decreases and the immune system is compromised. If the frequency drops to 58 MHz, cold and flu symptoms appear.  Organic fruits and vegetables range from 72-80 MHz.  By eating an 80/20 fruit and vegetable diet, not only will rapid, consistent weight loss occur but the side effect is ongoing detoxification, more energy and better health!

Detoxifying and cleansing the body is critical to weight loss and our overall health.  The most effective way to accelerate cleansing and weight loss is to begin with a formal cleanse of a minimum of 21 days in length and then continue to reap the benefits by eating a diet of primarily fresh organic fruits and vegetables. Although cleanse programs are trendy now, cleansing and body purification have been a part of mankind’s ritual for health and well-being for thousands of years. The body cleanses continuously; however, a formal detoxification program is becoming so important because of the extreme amounts of environmental toxins that we experience on a daily basis.  Some people carry around as much as 15 pounds of mucous that harbors this waste.

So this New Years, make a resolution to break bad habits or addictive behaviors that could be causing you to gain and retain weight. Good nutrition, exercise and a healthy emotional state are key to achieving wellness goals. Get off to a good start by attending a 21 Day Cleanse Workshop presented by Lori Mancuso, D.C. at Changes Salon and Day Spa in Walnut Creek and learn how to identify and eliminate toxicity that might be causing you to be resistant to weight loss.

Whatever your resolution, I wish you a healthy, happy and peaceful 2012!

Changes Salon & Day Spa
Latest posts by Changes Salon & Day Spa (see all)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.