Declaration of Independence – Enjoy a Beautiful Life of Freedom and Happiness
It’s July and we are half-way through 2016. July kicks off with America’s most important celebration: the 4th of July. It was this historic day in 1776 when the Continental Congress approved the Declaration of Independence and American democracy was founded on the promise of liberty, equality, inclusiveness and tolerance. These principles are as important today as they were 240 years ago.
Each July 4th we decorate with red, white and blue. We line up early in the morning and wait with great anticipation to be dazzled with a grand parade. We fire up the grill and enjoy the summer bounties of corn and watermelon with friends and loved ones. As night falls we enjoy spectacular displays of fireworks and kids of all ages hold sparklers in the dark. It is so easy to get lost in all this activity and lose site of the meaning behind the Fourth of July celebrations. This year add to your tradition and include a meaningful activity to remind your family of the price our forefathers paid for the freedom we enjoy. While your family waits for the firework displays, enjoy the musical “1776”, a musical about the birth of our nation! Your heart will swell with patriotism as you watch the most fascinating leaders in American history come to life.
The gifts of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness are given to us by the forefathers of our country. What we choose to do with these gifts is all important. Create a life of beauty, wellness and peace of mind by writing your own personal Declaration. Below I am sharing the Declaration I created in order to achieve a Beautiful Life, Personal Liberty and Happiness.
My Personal Declaration
I pursue more of what makes me happy and free!
- I am happy when I spend quality time with those I love.
- I am happy when I am walking in nature.
- Having fresh flowers in the house makes me happy (I love orchids!)
- I am happy when I feel like I am growing as a human being.
- I am happy when I read more nurturing and uplifting literature. I will keep an inspirational book beside my bed and read a few pages each night.
- I am happy when I love myself despite breaking my resolutions. I will not judge myself if I get off track.
- Getting regular massages, manicures and pedicures makes me happy.
- I am happy when I do things for others. I will look for opportunities to serve others daily.
- I feel happy when I contribute my time and talents to worthy causes. I feel happy
when I don’t need to spend a lot of time in order to look and feel beautiful. I free up time by having a simplified beauty routine. I will schedule appointments immediately to benefit from expert help.
- I feel happy when my home and work environments are neat and organized. I will pick one area at work and at home (even as small as a drawer) each week and clean and organize them.
- I feel happy when I love and appreciate myself no matter what. I will freely love and acknowledge myself for how awesome I am being and becoming.
Join me in honoring our forefathers and embracing a beautiful life of freedom and happiness. Take time for yourself this 4th of July and adopt your own personal Declaration of Independence!